Monday 1 July 2013

Happy Canada Day!

Today my country is 146 years old.  Happy Canada Day! Canada is a big, diverse country - second largest in the world, after Russia - and is over 5000 km wide. I'm a born and raised Albertan, and have only spent a relatively small amount of time outside of my home province.  But what I have seen has never ceased to amaze me in some way.  I'm really looking forward to exploring and getting to know my country better.  And the opportunity to do this with the family all together is just icing on the cake.  

Today Lily and I rode in a school bus in the parade while Bob and Morgan watched. It was fun being in the parade.  We didn't see any other floats, but did get to wave to many friends along the parade route.  Now for BBQ, fireworks and a bit of packing in between!

No comments:

Post a Comment