Monday 24 June 2013

Our new home at our old home

We (finally!) got our trailer, and after a soggy weekend of camping with my family, brought her home. (pic coming soon) The maiden voyage went well, especially considering we'd hardly driven the truck and the trailer was completely new to us. We did find a few minor issues that the dealer will need to take care of, but that's okay.


It feels really good to have it.  Now I can start moving in and settling in.
I think we've already made a huge step in that direction though. When we picked it up on Friday it felt like home and returning to the house in Airdrie actually felt a bit weird. I'd geared myself up for this transition and so was already mentally moving. I must admit, I love my washing machine in the house though! The wet, muddy weekend resulted in wet muddy children and clothes.

We went through multiple rain showers and two torrential hailstorm/ downpours during the weekend and not a leak. Whew! It was a bit surreal camping this weekend though. The areas around us are in a state of emergency with entire communities flooded out, homes washed away, and at the time we left of Friday, the downtown core of Calgary was underwater. We went over several swollen rivers and saw piles of debris. Friday we watched the news coverage, but where we were camping had no cell service. Completely cut off, we didn't know what was happening near home until Sun afternoon. Only two days, but so much happened during that time.  So much devastation. I am thankful that my friends & family are all safe.  My heart goes out to those who have lost so much, but know that the community is banding together to help everyone affected by the floods.

No comments:

Post a Comment