Sunday 20 October 2013

Sunbeams make me happy.

I am a cat.

At least that's what Bob says.  No, it's not because I'm small and furry or because I hate being wet and cold. It's because I love my sunbeams.
In our house in Airdrie we had a bank of windows upstairs in our bonus room. Even on the coldest winter day, as long as the sun was shining, I could sit (or lay) in a sunbeam and soak up the warmth. I love the feel of it on my skin, soaking into my bones, and the color behind my closed eyelids.
Our trailer has some pretty decent sized windows as well as a skylight that let in lots of light. They make the trailer feel open and airy (which is one of the reasons we chose it). And this most noticeable when we are parked under open skies.

Which we haven't been for a while. In Penticton we were parked under the trees, so the sun didn't reach the trailer directly. 
The first two days we were in Vancouver the sun shone, and it was fabulous. That sun felt good. Munchie was happy to have a sunbeam to lay in, the kids opted to do their art work at the sun drenched kitchen table and for the first time in many days, the trailer was comfortably warm (as an aside, those of you who know me know that I am the eternally frozen, so my "comfortably warm" is probably a bit too warm for many). There's no doubt about it, sunbeams make me happy.
The sun lasted for two days before it disappeared behind for banks. I haven't really seen the sun for days now. Come back, sun, come back!

1 comment: